Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can I borrow that bloody sock?


Curt Schilling is pondering a comeback, and he's got the Cubs and/or the Rays in his sights.

I don't know quite how to feel about this . . . yeah, it would be nice to have someone with that much experience on the playoff roster (because he's not starting the season with anyone). But that much experience comes in a 42-year-old package. And the way I see it, Schilling would still be the 5th starter, unlikely to see much or any starting action in the playoffs.

Of course, if any of the current aces were injured (or turned into deuces) I would majorly change my tune. I just don't know if I could ever get used to having his blog in this town. Do we need any more built-in controversy?

If it leads to winning a pennant . . . absolutely.
blog comments powered by Disqus